Sunday 29 May 2011

Oliver tolentino


Filipino designer Oliver Tolentino may not have been the ultimate winner of the Oscars Designer Challenge in Hollywood, but he was beaming after the Oscars nonetheless as if he had. “I won the minute they announced I was one of the 9 finalists,” Oliver notes the morning after the Academy Awards. “The publicity was instant and international. Reuters ran an article that mentions me as one of a handful of new designers to watch at the Oscars. Their piece was picked up all over the world by so many publications.” Oliver adds, “I even had a designer whom I admire email me from Europe saying that he’d just seen me on the E! Channel there and wanted to wish me luck.”

In the U.S., Oliver was featured on national TV programs “Access Hollywood” and “Entertainment Tonight.” Los Angeles TV stations KTLA 5 and ABC7 featured him in Southern California, the second largest TV market in America. Not bad for a designer who was born in Orani, Bataan and was in Manila only 8 months ago.
           Celebrities Wearing Oliver Tolentino's Gown

Judy Cairo on Oscar's Red carpet , wearing Oliver toentino's design

Leanna Lewis wearing Oliver Tolentino at the Elton John Foundation Oscar Party.

Marjorie Bach wearing Tolentino's cocktail dress.

Amber Riley of Glee wearing Tolentino's gown at the red carpet of Golden Globe Awards.

 Sophia Bush's Dress and Heels at Audi and J. Mendel Celebrate the 2011 Golden Globe Awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment